Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Time is Here

It's Christmas!!
Christmas eve is one of greatness at the our house. My mom's side comes over and all of us enjoy dinner and fun. The night ended with a bunch of us sitting around the table drinking coffee and laughing about old stories that my uncle was telling us about all of us. It was good times.

Christmas at the Sev household is one of just relaxing, and I love it. After exchanging our gifts, we just kind of relax around the house and enjoy each others company. It really is fantastic.

This evening I will be traveling up the hill to the best friend's house. Even though she is now married and does not live there anymore, I love her family. They are like my second family.

Until that time... Laundry, maybe read a book, spend some time hanging out with the madre, and perchaps even some homework. gasp. I know what you are thinking. It's Christmas break. The semester hasn't even started yet. How do you have homework? Well... Here is your answer: even though I have a rather light schedule as far as hours I am in class, I am, however taking some very difficult classes. So I am going to get a head start on the term papers in which I am to write for them.

And now to leave you with some great events that happened earlier in the week:
I had my first wipe-out of the season on Wednesday morning. I was really hoping to go un-wiped-out this winter... But at least it was in the company of friends. I was at the church with Jess and Gabi (interns) and we were loading up a mattress into the bed of a truck. I was trying to hurry up and go on the other side of Jess to move something out of the way and totally bit it. It was so funny. So we are laughing and I'm trying to stand up and they are holding this bed trying not to drop it because they are laughing so hard. Man oh man. It was a good morning.

Wednesday night I was asked to watch my nephews for a few hours so that my sister and her husband could go and take care of some last minute shopping. After saying goodbye to the parental units, I go downstairs to where the nephews are: they are playing lego Batman. They see me walk in and want me to sit down and watch them play. I sit down and James looks at me and waits for me to look back at him. When I do, he looks me in the eyes and says, "Aunt Danielle, I really like you." And then Jason says, "Yeah! Aunt Danielle," so I look over at Jason and he continues saying, "Aunt Danielle, I think you are really cute." And gives me this little goofy grin.
I love my nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment