Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Break at Home

Our last day in DC was a ton of fun, but also a ton of walking once again.
We walked down to the Air and Space Museum and spent a few hours there seeing the exhibits. It was pretty cool. We saw a plane from the Wright Brothers, and saw one of the planes that Amelia Earhart flew, and the Apollo 11 command module.
After the Air and Space Museum, we walked all the way to the White House. That was our last stop in Washington DC. We saw it from the front, which since the last time that I was there, which was almost 10 years ago, things look a lot different. It was pre-9/11, so security has tightened up. And we went around to the back. There was a press pool set up in the back, so I am wondering what was up. Not really sure. But anyways, it was a fun visit, and it was a great ending to our spring break trip to the capital.
While in DC, I thought about all the movies that I would like to watch that related to the trip in one way or another -- such as Jurassic Park - which was triggered by the dinosaur exhibit at the Museum of Natural History.
So here is the list: Jurassic Park, Apollo 13, The Patriot, Pearl Harbor, Titanic, Miracle, October Sky, United 93, She's the Man, and Cast Away.
I will let you know how it goes.

Anyways... We left DC around 2pm and pulled in to Bethel College at 11:30pm. It was a great trip home. We made up a game that we played for about 2 hours on the trip home where we yelled the word "BRIDGE" every time that we saw one on the road. Later it had stipulations to the game where if you called a false-bridge you were deducted a point, and it had to be a bridge that we were going under. I must admit that I think I had a little bit of an advantage being the driver, but then again I also had probably the worst eye-sight in the car. So there. But still I dominated. By the time we decided that the game should end I was leader with calling 22, Tiff in 2nd with calling 9, and Courtney in last with calling 6 (and she was even sitting shotgun). The roads were great, and there was only a little rain on the way home.
The morning after... not so great. Apparently the Wendy's that we ate for dinner was not so happy being in my stomach. About an hour or two after falling asleep I woke up and well.... I'll spare you the details. I spent the rest of the day catching up on my shows, napping, and cleaning out the car and getting it washed.

Today I plan on watching United 93 and picking up the twins to stay all night here.
It's going to be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment