Wednesday, September 29, 2010

because i can't seem to fall asleep

I'm tired but I cannot seem to go to sleep :(

Rant (skip to next break in text if you don't want to hear about crutches)
Unfortunately everything is harder to accomplish on crutches.
I filled and emptied the dishwasher today, and that was quite the task. I almost fell multiple times and almost dropped several dishes. Seeing someone else struggle with it might have been funny, but having it be me, i was rather frustrated. And worried, because my balance is definitely not the greatest. I've fallen on my foot twice in the past two weeks, and they have happened entering and exiting the house.
It takes the longest time ever to get ready for anything. There are only two pairs of jeans that I can wear with this cast on, and it is always a process to put them on.
Being forgetful officially sucks. I will go to get something, crutch out, and then forget what I was there for, or forget to add something to my load of what I wanted.
And well... driving. It is pretty much a pain. If I am driving a car, my leg has to go over the center counsel because my right foot is the one that's broken. And then its insanely awkward trying to get in or out. If I am driving the truck, I have to park like a mile away from anywhere that I am going because it takes up more than one parking space (thanks mom for buying the biggest truck ever). And because it is so tall, I have to get in from the passengers side by lifting myself in using the two handles on the ceiling.
Starbucks. It is not really possible to go to the bucks by myself unless I go through the drive-thru.
End rant.

Now that I have that out of my system, I get my walking boot on Thursday, which is technically tomorrow :) I am mainly excited about the fact that I will be able to actually walk around.

I got possibly the best video message ever from Courtney and Amy all the way in the DR. It was the greatest!

In the past two weeks:
I have started and almost finished my scrapbook from my spring break trip to DC. It only makes me want to go back, and soon.
I have made about a bagillion cards to send out. Not even kidding you. Current count is 30.
I have watched all four seasons of The OC. Finished it in 2 weeks! Courtney, there were 2 scenes in the fourth season that made me think of you especially: quotes about betrayal and Judas.
My mom and I went to target and I pretty much left a path of destruction around me with the motorized cart. We about peed our pants because we were laughing so hard. She could tell where I was because of the moving clothing racks.
My grandpa gave me a cigar. I giggle about it to myself for quite some time.
I have yet to actually drop anything that I have been carrying around, which just makes me feel proud of myself. Considering that I drop things even when I am not crutching around on one leg.
I have spent some rather quality time with the Tiffany. Which has been fantastic.
I may or may not have found a new movie to add to my favorites list: Despicable Me. Leah and I went to see it together at the dollar theatre and laughed pretty much the entire movie.

Plans for the upcoming week?
Walking boot: Kaitlin and I were brainstorming and she would like to bedazzle my walking boot. We are pretty much monumentally pumped about it.
Job hunting: time to pound the pavement again.
Taking a nap in my hammock. I've missed it.

Things I'm kind of sad about:
I will miss my favorite time of year to rollerblade.
I will also probably be out for the snowboarding season.
Notre Dame Football.
My lack of picnic table talks with Dawn Heckman. It is about to be prime picnic table talking time, with fall here and everything, and you, Dawn, are in China. Bummer.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. i feel like there are several things i would like to say about this.
    1. you seriously crack me up. i'm sitting here giggling
    2. i'm pretty sure your video message back was the greatest thing ever
    3. SBDC baby! i'm pumped to see the finished product :)
    4. there's this hostel in Jarabacoa that we drive by sometimes and it just makes me think of sketchy. i kind of miss the place...
    5. i feel like i'll never live the judas thing down. and i just want you to know that i've been stinking reading through the gospels and judas is always there and you calling me judas is all i ever think about when i read those passages...
    6. you are just awesome and i miss you a lot

    ReplyDelete